Mental Health First Aid England – Open Access Course
March 20 - March 21£325.00
Leeds Mind provides a range of mental health training. With packages usually catering for 16 people, we know that not all people or organisations will be able to benefit from this. That’s why we’re offering the Mental Health First Aid course as an Open Access session. So anyone can book a single place.
This will benefit small businesses that haven’t got the budget or capacity within their teams to commission the two-day training course for up to 16 people. It will also benefit smaller community organisations (there is a discount available for Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises (VCSEs)).
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider® role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England
The next MHFA Open Access course is: Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st March 2024 in City Square, Leeds.
Further discounts available for VCSE organisations, as well as Mindful Employer network members, and corporates that are already working with Leeds Mind (for example, as a fundraising partner). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.