Are you struggling with life or your mental health?
We are pleased to offer both online and face-to-face groups. Please see below for our current programme.
To book or for further information, please call us on 0113 305 5800 or email us on email@example.com.
Places are limited so booking is essential.
Feedback on our online groups so far includes:
- “Although we are apart we can still support each other and are together online”
- “It’s easy to get stuck inside your own head in isolation so good to get input from others and get ideas and reminders about how to look after our wellbeing.”
- “It is possible to connect and get support online and I can meet new people online and face anxiety and it’s ok. It’s not as bad as I think it will be.”
- “I have learned how to look after myself when shielding from Covid-19. I have enjoyed being around others and learned from their experience.”
- “An awkward new format was made less awkward by great facilitating.”
Introduction to Peer Support
Our Introduction to Peer Support is an opportunity to learn what peer support is, find out how it can help you, and get a taste of the types of activities you can expect in our groups.
All new group members need to attend an Introduction to Peer Support. This is available in the following ways:
- Interested in a course? Each one has an Introduction to Peer Support at the start (dates under ‘Courses’ below).
- Interested in a workshop and new to our groups? Please book onto a separate Introduction to Peer Support (dates below).
- Interested in support groups? Please contact us to register your interest and find out more about how the introduction will work.
- Not sure which group is for you? Please contact us or book onto an Introduction to Peer Support to get a taste of what we offer.
Introduction to Peer Support dates:
- Friday 10th September 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
- Friday 8th October 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
- Thursday 25th November 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Click here for further information about online groups.
- If you are a new group member, you need to attend the Introduction to Peer Support in week 1 of the course.
- If you have attended our groups before, you can join the course in either week 1 or week 2.
- Click here for further information about online groups.
Building Self Esteem
Explore how you think and feel about yourself and how this affects your life and relationships. Learn to recognise your strengths and resources, and use them to build your self-esteem and personal effectiveness. 7 sessions including Introduction to Peer Support.
- Wednesdays, 6th October to 17th November, 17:30-19:30 ONLINE
Learn what anxiety is and how to recognise it. Explore the impact of anxiety on your life and practical ways to manage and reduce it. 5 sessions including Introduction to Peer Support.
- Mondays, 22nd November to 20th December, 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Managing My Mental Health
Develop your understanding of mental health, what affects it and how you can build and maintain it. Look at how your relationship with yourself and others can impact on your mental health, and how you can develop strategies to look after yourself. 7 sessions including Introduction to Peer Support.
- Mondays, 4th October to 15th November, 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Mindfulness and Meditation
Learn how to meditate and engage with mindfulness. Explore loving kindness, mindful meditation for pain, and how to overcome obstacles to mindfulness. 7 sessions including Introduction to Peer Support.
- Fridays, 10:30-12:30, 5th November to 17th December FACE TO FACE
- If you have not attended our groups before, you need to attend an Introduction to Peer Support (dates above) prior to booking onto our workshops.
- Click here for further information about online groups.
Building Healthy Relationships
Explore how relationships can affect your mental health, possible barriers to connecting with others and ways to look after yourself when building and maintaining relationships.
- Thursday 9th September, 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
- Thursday 2nd December, 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Coping with Change
Explore how change impacts our mental health and learn techniques to manage the challenge aspects of change.
- Monday 27th September, 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Coping with Isolation
Explore what isolation is, what may stop us from reaching out to others, and how we can be kinder to ourselves when we are feeling isolated.
- Thursday 16th December, 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Coping with Winter
Winter can be a difficult time of year for many reasons. Explore how it makes you feel and learn practical ways to reduce the stress and anxiety that this time of year can bring.
- Friday 29th October, 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
- Thursday 9th December, 14:00-16:00 ONLINE
Forgiveness and My Mental Health
Explore the barriers that make it hard for us to forgive, whether that be ourselves or another person, and the different ways forgiveness can positively affect our mental health.
- Friday 22nd October, 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
Managing My Mood
Explore the effects of different moods on our daily lives, what can impact on our moods, and how we can develop positive strategies to manage our moods.
- Friday 15th October, 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
Parenting and My Wellbeing
As parents, a lot of our energy is spent prioritising care for others. This workshop makes space for parents to turn that care inwards and focus on their own wellbeing wants and needs. Explore experiences of parenting through lockdown, why it is important to look after our wellbeing as parents, the stress bucket model, and barriers to looking after ourselves.
- Tuesday 21st September, 10:30-12:30 ONLINE
Develop a deeper understanding of your mental health with weekly support for 12 weeks in a safe, supportive environment with others who have been through similar experiences. Celebrate successes, receive support when things aren’t going so well, share experiences and learn from other people’s coping strategies.
- Tuesday evenings, 5th October to 21st December
- Monday afternoons, January to March
To register your interest and for further information about how to join our groups, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 305 5800.
Projects and Partnerships
West Yorkshire & Harrogate Suicide Bereavement Service
Compassionate support for people bereaved by suicide across West Yorkshire and Harrogate. Please visit https://wyhsbs.org.uk/ for more information.
The THRU project (Talk, Help, Relate, Understand) offers Peer Support for young people aged between 14 and 25. We have three weekly support groups and are working with the MindMate Support Team, CAMHS and education providers to provide peer support to a wide range of young people across the city.
Please watch this video about the team’s ‘outstanding contribution to peer support’.