Are you ready to help?
Lots of our supporters have asked us for fundraising ideas that they can do from home – especially during the coronavirus lockdown. Here’s some ideas to get you started, along with the resources you’ll need. Got another idea? Get in touch! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
600 Mile September Challenge
Fancy really going the distance for better mental health?
This September, why not challenge yourself and your tribe and take on the 600 Mile September Challenge for Leeds Mind?
Taking part is simple:
- Assemble your team
- Choose to walk, cycle or run 600 miles collectively between 1st – 30th September 2021
- Gather sponsorship online for Leeds Mind – Leeds Mind – Just Giving
- Join the 600 Mile September Challenge Strava group to record your miles and share you achievements 600 Mile September Challenge – Strava Group
- Your team has a whole month to log your miles and raise funds for better mental health.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Sign up is FREE
- No minimum sponsorship, just whatever you can raise for Leeds Mind.
To register your team please contact email@example.com
The Great Virtual Bake Off
From keen bakers to complete novices, of all ages, pick up your mixing bowls and wooden spoons and get creative.
You may need to be resourceful by using whatever ingredients you have in your cupboards.
Simply invite family & friends to join in the challenge, get baking, then share the photos or videos on social media…disasters or masterpieces, don’t be shy!
Each “baker” can kindly donate £5 to Leeds Mind (or whatever you can afford)
To donate click here
Every week we will crown one entry the “Leeds Mind Virtual Star Baker”
Downloadable resources for the Great Virtual Bake Off
Let's Get Quizzical
Could you give “The Governess” a run for her money? Have you got what it takes to sit in the infamous “Black Chair” ? Can you be relied upon to give a truly “Pointless” answer?
Now more than ever, the healing properties of mindless trivia must be embraced!
Here’s how to get involved:
- Challenge family and friends to an isolation quiz night
- Select your hosting platform (Zoom, FaceTime, Google Hangouts or Skype, to name a few)
- Create a team. Or if you’re brave enough, play solo and go head-to-head
- Create a round of questions (or can be provided)
- Download quiz sheets and “Let’s Get Quizzical” winner certificate
- Let the quizzical battle commence!
- Each team donates £5 to Leeds Mind (or whatever you can afford)
To donate click here
How our donations help Leeds Mind
can fund a place in a group wellbeing session
can fund a counselling session
can fund a befriending social event
can fund a peer support session