Job Retention Support
Our Job Retention Service will help you to retain your employment if it is at risk whilst you are recovering from your mental health difficulties. We work with you, and can work with your employer too, to achieve the best outcome for you.
This is for our commissioned job retention service, where a mental health practitioner refers service users in.
If you are an employer who would like to access job retention services, please find out more about our private job retention service.
We understand that work can be challenging but we believe that maintaining work is not just a means of earning a living, but also plays an important part of your well-being.
We also offer a range of evening & daytime workshops & courses to anyone in employment with a mental health condition. All workshops take place at DeLacey House in Kirkstall.
The benefits of our support:
- Regular one-to-one support, advice and guidance with a Job Retention Specialist
- Help to prepare for a return to work, after sickness absence
- Mediation between you and your employer
- Developing an action plan to help you achieve your work-based goals
- Exploring strategies to manage stress at work, and achieve a work/life balance
- Access to support groups and workshops to build your confidence and resilience in the workplace
- Signposting to other support services
- We offer an impartial, confidential advice service to identify solutions to work related issues, helping you to retain valuable staff
- We can assist you to develop effective return to work strategies for people experiencing mental health difficulties or work related stress
- We help to keep clear lines of communication open between employer and employee during sickness absence
- We offer a variety of group workshops and courses to support staff to manage their wellbeing at work to help reduce instances of sickness absence
Am I eligible for Job Retention support?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these questions then you’re eligible for our job retention support services:
- Are you aged 18 or over?
- Are you receiving support from one of the following?
- Secondary Care Mental Health Services
- Community Mental Health Service
- Leeds City Council Mental Health Day Opportunities
- LiveWell Leeds
- Do you feel your job is at risk because of your mental health, and would you like to retain employment?
If you would like to make a referral
Speak to your support worker who will fill out the Referral Form below, or give us a call on 0113 230 2631
For a Job Retention Service where you can enlist services as an employer please visit this page on our private Job Retention Service.
“If the Job Retention Specialist hadn’t been there to discuss what was happening with my work situation… I would not have survived”