Job Retention Support
We believe that maintaining work is not just a means to earning a living but can also play an important role in our wellbeing. Our Job Retention service can help you retain your employment if you feel it is at risk because of your mental health, if you are on long term sick, or if you are struggling in work due to mental health reasons.
This is for our commissioned job retention service, where a mental health practitioner refers service users in.
If you are an employer who would like to access job retention services, please find out more about our private job retention service.
We understand that work can be challenging but we believe that maintaining work is not just a means of earning a living, but also plays an important part of your well-being.
We also offer a range of evening & daytime workshops & courses to anyone in employment with a mental health condition. All workshops take place at DeLacey House in Kirkstall.
What our support includes
For our client
- Regular one-one support, advice and guidance a Mental Health Job Retention Specialist
- Support to help gain a better understanding of mental health difficulties in a work environment
- Support at meetings about work
- Help to prepare for a return to work after sickness absence
- Strategies to manage mental health and stress at work
- Practical advice on achieving and maintaining a work/life balance
- Access to support groups and workshops to help build confidence and resilience in the workplace
- Signposting to other support services
For our client’s employer
- Impartial and confidential advice to identify solutions to work-related issues, helping to retain valuable staff
- Support to develop effective return-to-work strategies for people experiencing mental health difficulties or work-related stress
- Help to keep clear lines of communication open between employer and employee, especially during sickness absence
- Peer group workshops & courses to support our clients to manage their wellbeing at work to help reduce instances of sickness absence
Am I eligible for Job Retention support?
Are you aged 18+?
Are you currently receiving support from a Leeds Secondary Care Mental Health Service?
Do you want support to stay well at work?
Please speak with your mental health support provider and ask to be referred to WorkPlace Leeds; or give us a call on 0113 230 2631.
“If the Job Retention Specialist hadn’t been there to discuss what was happening with my work situation… I would not have survived”