One fantastic fundraiser is offering our community the chance to win a range of amazing prizes in a raffle to raise money for us at Leeds Mind, as well as taking on numerous other fundraising and awareness raising initiatives.
Motivated by her own struggles with mental health difficulties, Abi put the raffle together with help from Heather from Gray’s of Rothwell.
- 1 hour treatment of choice (Reflexology, Reiki & Hypnotherapy by Abi)
- Afternoon Tea for 2 (Grays of Rothwell)
- £50 voucher to spend in-store (The Style Attic)
- Bespoke Facial worth £90 (Palm Tree Skin)
- Gift Voucher (Katy Arkle Nails & Beauty)
- Temple Spa (Jane Forbes – Temple Spa)
- £30 gift voucher (Flower Power)
- 2 online classes (EB Yoga Health)
- Set of classic lash extensions – worth £45 (Lashesatno.5)
- £20 gift voucher for food, drinks or craft classes (Rivers Meet Cafe)
- Written Will (Dead Good Wills: Jayne Horder)
- £40 food Hamper (Willow Grove Farm)
- Brunch for 2 at Jam Rock (Oral Blackford)
- Free 4 class pass (Vibe and Flow Yoga with Anja)
- Wine Hamper (Ake & Humphris)
There’s also lots more to be won, including sweet treats, bespoke jewellery and handcrafted items. For a full list of the prizes, you can visit Abi’s JustGiving Page.
Raffle tickets can be purchased in-person from:
- Abi (Reflexology, Reiki and Hypnotherapy by Abi) in Methley
- Gray’s of Rothwell
- The Style Attic (in Swillington)
As if that wasn’t enough, Abi isn’t stopping at putting the raffle together, but is also:
- Running 75 miles in May for sponsorship (you can sponsor her running here)
- Selling T-shirts, notebooks and mugs with the slogan ‘Free your mind, your body will follow’ through Ditta Designs, with a percentage going to Leeds Mind
- Offering 10% of the cost of every treatment she offers at her business, Reflexology, Reiki and Hypnotherapy by Abi, throughout May
- Participating in #CarryTheBurden21
- Running a Facebook Group, The Calm Mind Community (Abi’s Antidote to Anxiety), where other people within the group will also be raising money through sponsored events throughout May
Read Abi’s story below, or visit her website and social media profiles here:
Abi’s website: https://www.reflexology-reiki-hypnotherapy-by-abi.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ReflexologyReikiHypnotherapyByAbi
Hi, I am Abi Fenton from Methley, South Leeds, and I am raising money for Leeds Mind in May.
I want to raise as much money as possible due to my personal experiences with mental health, as well as having my own business where I now work with others to support them with their mental health. I have chosen to do all this fundraising in May as Mental Health Awareness Week runs in May from the 10-16th.
My own battles with Anxiety started back in 2010. I was diagnosed with Anxiety, and had support from the NHS with CBT and counselling as well as medication. But this didn’t support me with the long term battles of the mental illness, anxiety. Therefore I decided to seek complementary therapies of reflexology, reiki and hypnotherapy. These have helped me no end, and since then I have been having monthly treatments since. I now feel fully in control of my Anxiety, using all I have learnt along the years.
From seeing all the amazing benefits complementary therapies made to my life, I decided to leave special needs teaching back in 2017, and set up my business in February 2018 to start supporting clients with mental health. I have since then added all three of the therapies which I received and saw the benefits from personally, training to offer reflexology, reiki and hypnotherapy to my business as a fully trained therapist.
I am so passionate to support and help as many people as I can with mental health as I have battled with it for so long and seen the amazing benefits and results so I wanted to help others in the same way. To allow people to get their lives back! I also want to spread the awareness of how there are many ways to support and maintain a health mental health through complementary therapies, as well as raising awareness of mental health in general.