Private Practice Counselling
- Sessions cost £40 each, and last 50 minutes.
- Sessions are available Monday to Thursday, mostly on an evening.
- Sessions take place at Leeds Mind head office: Clarence House, 11 Clarence Road, Horsforth LS18 4LB.
- The service offers both short term (up to 10 sessions) and longer term (11-20 sessions) counselling. In some cases we can move beyond 20 sessions depending on what is suitable for you, and you will discuss this with your counsellor in your assessment and within the ongoing therapy itself.
- The average wait for sessions is around 1 month, though we are often able to get people in quicker depending on their availability.
- Please note we only accept self-referrals.
Who is counselling for?
If you are experiencing difficulties with your mental health or if you are just struggling to make sense of things, seeing a counsellor might be the right option for you.
We will work with any adult who needs our help, whatever the needs and situation, as long as the counselling is likely to be of benefit. You do not need a mental health diagnosis to see a counsellor with us, as long as you feel that you would benefit from therapeutic support. We can also work with people with complex and enduring mental health needs. You should be aware that counselling can be a difficult and challenging process, but if you are willing to engage you could find it to be very beneficial
What will therapy be like?
We don’t believe in providing a one-size-fits-all service, and will make the effort to build a counselling relationship around your needs. You may have a specific issue you want to discuss, or you may want to use explore your thoughts and feelings more generally.
Your counsellor will work with you to decide on a course of therapy that is suitable for your needs, which might only involve a few sessions, or you might benefit from a longer-term approach to explore traumatic past experiences or other long-standing issues.
All our counsellors for the private practice service are fully qualified and offer a very high standard of therapeutic competence. All our counsellors receive a high level of support to carry out their roles.
How long will I have to wait to see a counsellor?
Once we have received your referral we will aim to start your counselling as soon as possible, and will give you an indication of how long you can expect to wait. Waiting time is normally less that 1 month.
How to refer yourself
If you would like to see a counsellor with us, please use the link below for our on-line referral process.
If you are unable to complete the online form please contact us on 0113 305 5800.
Our private practice referrals are currently closed
For alternative counselling providers in Leeds please visit the Mindwell website.