Together with West Yorkshire and Harrogate Independent Hospices Consortium and Bradford Counselling Collaborative, we deliver a free Grief and Loss Support Service, commissioned by the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership.
The practical and emotional support and advice service is available 7 days a week, from 8am to 8pm. It offers free telephone counselling support and includes text and live online chat facilities as well as translation options.
The service is for anyone who is experiencing loss of any kind and the grief and emotional distress that loss may cause. We know that loss is a very generic term and we want people to know that support is available for emotional distress caused by any form of loss. It can mean:
- Loss of a loved one
- Loss of identity or role within a family unit
- Loss of job
- Loss of income
- Loss of a pet
- Loss of a personal relationship
- Feeling surrounded by grief and loss in your workplace
- Historic loss from many months, years or decades ago
- Potential loss or fear of loss happening in the future
For more information, including how to get in touch and eligibility, please access the website below.