CMHT Peer Support
Our Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) Peer Support Service is delivered by a team of 3 Peer Support workers who are based both within the CMHT teams and Leeds Mind.
While COVID-19 continues to impact on everyday life, face-to-face support is no longer running. Support is now telephone based – please call 0113 305 5800 for more details. We also have virtual peer support groups available online – find out more here.
Our Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) Peer Support Service is delivered by Joy, Jamie and Mandy, our three Peer Support workers who are based both within the CMHT teams and Leeds Mind.
We offer group work activities from our existing range of courses and workshops.
The peer support provided will complement and enhance the support you receive from the CMHT’s. Our Peer Support activities will enable you to develop the skills, confidence and social networks to support you to better manage your mental health and recognise when you may need to seek support.
The criteria for our CMHT peer support service is:
- You currently receive support from one of the CMHTs in Leeds
- You want to develop skills to better manage Mental Health
- You are willing to work in a group, though may need support to access initially
- You are willing to share experiences
- You are able to access Community groups independently, though may need low level support initially
You can get more information from the worker based within your CMHT:
- Joy Lusiola – Aire Court
- Jamie Jeffreys – St Mary’s Hospital
- Mandy Williams – St Mary’s House
To access this service please self-refer using the yellow button. A member of the Peer Support team will then be in touch shortly to discuss what you would like to access.