Leeds Mind is asking our supporters, staff, service users, and everyone else in our Leeds community to lend their voice to the new strategy we are drafting to inform our work for 2022 – 2025. This will help shape the future of mental health support in our area.
What is our strategy, and what’s in it?
Every 3 years, we put together our plan for the future. This includes looking at where we are now, why we exist and what values we live by. We call this our strategy.
In the strategy, we list the things we are going to do over the next 3 years and how we will achieve them. We call these our ‘strategic objectives’.
You can view our current strategy here: https://www.leedsmind.org.uk/about-leeds-mind/our-strategy/
Why are you making a new one, and why do you need me?
We are coming to the end of our strategy for 2019-2022. This means it is time to work on our new plan for 2022-2025.
We believe our plans should be based on what our community wants and needs from us – that is the people who use our services, our staff and volunteers. We also want to hear from people who haven’t used our services before, to find out what we could be doing to reach more people across Leeds and West Yorkshire.
That’s why we’re asking you to give your ideas.
How can I get involved?
Here’s how to have your voice heard on what Leeds Mind should be doing from 2022-2025:
- At any of our buildings – if you are coming in to one of our buildings to meet with a member of staff, please ask them about filling in our quick questionnaire – you can do this online or on paper
- Online – find the questionnaire here
- On a videocall at one of our workshops – if you’d rather talk your ideas through than fill in a form, come to one of our online discussions. Dates are being announced soon!
The questionnaire will be a few short questions to ask you about your ideas and suggestions. The information is kept anonymous, so we won’t be able to see who has said what.
The questionnaire will be open until midnight on 26th November 2021. After this, a small group of Leeds Mind staff will read all the information and sort through it to create our new strategic objectives (those 3-4 things that we’ll work towards over the next three years) based on your suggestions. We’ll also look at how we will achieve them.
Once we’ve got these, we’ll send this to everyone who was involved in the questionnaire (if you provided contact details), as well as the people and organisations that provide our funding.
Then we will begin work on achieving our vision for 2022 – 2025!
If you need support to have your voice heard, please just let us know. This could be:
- Having a practice Zoom call with one of our staff if you want to attend the online workshop but haven’t used Zoom before. They will be able to talk you through how to use Zoom and answer any questions.
- Give us a call – our friendly reception team is always happy to help. The number is 0113 305 5800, and we are open Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm, and Fridays 9am – 4:30pm.
Help us spread the word
We want to hear from as many people as possible so that our plans are informed by a good representation of the whole Leeds population.
Once you’ve taken the survey yourself, you can help us by spreading the word.
Do this by:
- Downloading and displaying our flyer in your workplace or other local public place (e.g. post office window or community noticeboard) Please always ask permission before displaying
- Sharing our post on Facebook
- Retweeting our Tweet on Twitter
- Adding our Instagram Post to your Story
- Sharing our post on LinkedIn
- Emailing or WhatsApp’ing your network. We have supplied suggested text for this below to make it as easy as possible.
Leeds Mind is asking everyone in and around Leeds to lend their voice to the new strategy they are drafting to inform the charity’s work for 2022 – 2025. I thought you might like to fill it out and help shape the future of mental health support in our area.
Here’s more information: https://www.leedsmind.org.uk/help-with-leeds-mind-strategy/
Here’s the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LeedsMindStrategy