We know that winter can be tough for many in our community. We need to ensure that our support is there to help, come what may.
This festive season, help us support the mental health and wellbeing of those who need it most by supporting our Winter Appeal.
Why support our winter appeal?
1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England. In Leeds, we have some particular challenges, including:
- More than 170,000 people living in areas ranked amongst the most deprived 10% nationally
- 16,323 older people in the city are estimated to have depression, of whom 85% will not receive treatment
- Hospital admissions due to self-harm are higher in Leeds than the national average
- The suicide rate in Yorkshire and the Humber was statistically significantly higher than the national average (12.3 deaths per 100,000, vs 10.5 deaths (age standardised))
- A 10-year difference in life expectancy between those with the best and worst health
Cheryl, Lucy and David tell us their mental health stories, and talk about how Leeds Mind has helped them.
What your donation can do
could fund an art course for 30 people
could fund a peer support session for 10 people
could fund a yearly subscription to make our services accessible via video conferencing
could fund a counselling session
could pay for a haircut for a service user ahead of a meeting to get back into employment
WIN in our Winter Raffle
With over 20 great prizes to be won, our Winter Raffle is the perfect way to lend a hand.
The raffle will be drawn on Wednesday 10th January. You can view the Ts&Cs here.
If you would like to sell raffle tickets on behalf of Leeds Mind at your work, school, or community group, please contact us to find out how.
First Prize – Overnight stay at Weetwood Hall, with dinner and prosecco afternoon tea
Second Prize – Porsche supercar experience
Third Prize – Men’s watch worth £300 from Berry’s Jewellers
- 3-course meal at Kendells Bistro for two people
- Emmerdale Studios Tour for two people
- 7-course tasting menu for two people at Prashad
- Afternoon tea for four people at Malmaison for four people
- £75 voucher for Ox Club
- £100 voucher for Axe Throwing at The Hilt
- Family Ticket for Jorvic Museum
Plus further prizes (full details available by request from firstname.lastname@example.org)